Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Available for 24/7 support when needed
- The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, system administrators and computer/facility organizations.
- Multi-tasking with good communication skills; both verbal and written are a must.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17020544&lang=en
• Post ID: 137792958 palmdale