At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Manages a segment of a program or a function. Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff. Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing mgmt. guidelines & general policies. Manager responsibilities include: planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract. Oversees projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by non-exempt and/or exempt employees. Becomes involved only when required to assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems. May accomplish results through lower level supervisor or exempt employees.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
· Provide leadership and direction to hourly and salaried employees
· Manage employee performance (including engagement strategies for higher performers and corrective actions for lower performers),
· Coordinate with support functions to ensure appropriate tools, materials, engineering actions are executed relative to their work areas, and ensuring their employees are familiar with and use required processes and tools.
· Act as the first point of contact for technical issues on programs involving team members and will make decisions regarding required escalation and resources required for resolution.
· Participate in functional organization and resolving critical/urgent program/technical issues.
· Understand and use EVMS
· Drive continuous improvement changes and culture
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17020588&lang=en
• Post ID: 138968217 palmdale